Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Obedience . . .

This morning I could not get back to sleep, so I decided it was time to get up and spend time in the Word. I prayed, and looked up some words in the back of my Bible, but I still felt strange, like God was trying to tell me something. I spent time just sitting in the quiet, listening, and then prayed, and felt I was to just open my Bible. It was Jonah, Chapter 1. The Lord told Jonah to "Arise, go to Nineveh, that great city, and cry out against it; for their wickedness has come up before Me." Jonah chose to flee. I spent time meditating on this, and felt encouraged that we believe God told us to arise, and go to the Ukraine. It is in every part of me to flee, just so I don't have to travel to a foreign country, on a LONG airplane journey. To go to a society where trafficking young girls is a big business. But we know that ultimately Jonah suffered for his disobedience, and yet God still allowed him to finish what He asked him to do the first time.

Then when I got to the computer today to type the prayer of the day on this blog, it said:
"God has so much to speak into your life. But if you don't draw apart from the busyness of your day and spend time alone with Him in quietness and solitude, you will not hear it. Jesus Himself spent much time alone with God. If anyone could get away with not doing it, surely it would have been Him. How much more important must it be for us?"

I say AMEN!

Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.
James 4:8

1 comment:

Patty said...

Thanks Linda! Good words! (Awesome God!)