Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Peace . . . harmony

Today I got up this morning without much sleep. It was a different kind of night, not a fretful, upsetting lack of sleep, but a wonderful night spent with the counselor. When I was fully awake at times and checking the clock, it was because I thought it must be morning, but it was 12:35, 1:33, and on and on. It was as if I had been spending hours listening to great advice and having one on one talks with the Father all night long. I was at peace. My doubts and questions seemed gone with the knowledge that He was there and in control of everything, no matter how it all ends. I understood that we have done all we can on our side, and that He was pleased with that. I didn't need to worry about doing more, just the best we can with what we are doing. I also know that we are unable to provide the funds and that is OK. We have made known the best we can that we will not get grants because we are doing a private adoption, and God will take care of the rest. I have had a peaceful day, and when I looked up peace this morning in the back of my Bible it said:

harmony in personal relationship, especially with God

And the Scripture that I love was listed below, and always a great reminder for me.

Jesus asked, "Do you finally believe? But the time is coming--in fact, it is already here--when you will be scattered, each one going his own way, leaving me alone. Yet I am not alone because the Father is with me. I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."

So, I went about my day knowing we are in God's will, we have done all we can, and now we will just press on with what we have been told to do, and know He will always be with us. I know He has a great plan that only He can bring full circle. My prayer is to be listening when He tells us to do something, and be still when we are to do nothing. So, today was a do nothing day. Well, not nothing. I spent the day in the Word first thing, time with Naomi who is getting over RSV, and little time talking with two friends. Great day.

When I got on the computer this afternoon, we were blessed with another donation. Praise you Lord, for the timing, and thank you seems so little to the couple who donated. I can't tell you how you blessed our day. We can now send the first payment to the Ukraine! You were part of an incredible hug from the Lord today and we will never forget your lovingkindness. I pray daily that we will be able to listen to the Lord and do the same for others when He calls us to act. I can't wait to see you and give you a huge hug though, you really were part of His miraculous plan unfolding today.

So, I will continue to be open to His leading and be active when He says go, and still when He says just wait. Please keep us in your prayers. Our next goal is $2000 to go with our dossier. We have about $500 of it now, so pray for His perfect timing and a softness and movement of hearts to help.

Many blessings to you all, and thank you for your prayers, encouragement and help!

1 comment:

Patty said...

I love your blog Linda! You have a way with words and reminding me of the important things in life! Thanks! Praying for you.