Sunday, January 31, 2010

CIRCLE OF FRIENDS . . .

Today has been such a blessing. I awoke at 6:00 AM, spent time with the Lord and then got up because I wanted to. That doesn't happen very often, it is usually because a little 2 year old opens the door and says "Hi mommy!" I put a potroast in the crockpot and baked a chocolate cake, hoping to bless my family after church with a nice meal. I was blessed by the friends I spoke to throughout my day so far, and realize just how special you all are to me. I came home to find a new email with more photo's of Krystyna from her past host family who live in North Carolina. We put an idea out, of a way people who want to help might be able to make a huge difference by pledging $10 a month for 5 months, and when we got home, we had our first pledge of $50.00! Our heartfelt thanks just seems like so little, but we are sending it out to all of you who are being touched and responding to help bring this girl home to us. I love this song so I moved it up to the first one on the playlist for the blog. I hope you have time to hear the words and know that our family truly is overwhelmed by the love and support from our circle of friends, the ones we know and the ones we will come to know in heaven someday.

Romans 12:9-10
"Don't just pretend that you love others. Really love them. Hate what is wrong. Stand on the side of the good. Love each other with genuine affection and take delight in honoring each other."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your verse.

Shannon said...

I love your new photo of her!