Thursday, February 4, 2010

A Visit to her orphanage . . .

I woke to a new email from our facilitator in the Ukraine. I have spoken with others who have adopted using his services, and I am told he is a strong Christian man, and we will be blessed by his help and friendship along this road. He went to the orphanage where Krystyna is yesterday, to help another family adopt a different child. We understood that she will not know about us until certain papers are filed, and we feel good about that, just in case, but oh how we wished we could look through his eyes into her face yesterday. Here is what he wrote:


I was in the orphanage yesterday.... Kristina came up to me and asked how things were.... i explained to her that families that hosted her cannot adopt her.... she almost started to cry.... she said she has no idea where she will go once the orphanage asks her to leave after she ages out.... so I felt I had to calm her down and said another family is really interested in you, they have filed initial paperwork and we're pushing from all sides that it is accepted, which made her very happpy. She is so sweet, i can't even tell you! So i had to tell her something and because I will not be in the orphanage for some time - I did not want to tell her over the phone later.... anyway, let's hope and pray for the best!

Please continue to join us in prayer for this child. We want God's will, and believe it is for her to come be with us. Please feel free to keep posting and sharing whatever He leads you to. If you want to help with fundraising, please let me know what you are willing to do. We are humble and willing to do whatever we can to help bring her home. Time to get in the Word for today. I need to draw near to Him.
Have a blessed day!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Oh, how wonderful that she was given some hope yesterday! Continuing to pray :) I know you can't wait to bring her home.

Adam and Tina Cyr said...

How precious! I cannot wait to meet her. She has a special place in our hearts as well! I'm so glad she was able to be given some hope yesterday.