Friday, April 16, 2010

Remembering and celebrating Patrick's life . . .

Today, I am taking time out to remember Patrick Grover, a wonderful man, husband, and father, who went home to be with the Lord on Monday this week. My Scripture today was:
And whoever does not bear his cross and come after Me cannot be My disciple.
Luke 14:27
Patrick is a disciple of the Lord. He followed the Lord, and shared what he knew with others. Although he will be deeply missed by many, we want to spend today celebrating the blessed time we had to know him, and look forward to when we will meet again in heaven.
I will remember his hat! He always looked like he was heading out on some new adventure. And I will always remember his love for his wife, but mostly his son Isaac. My sons are friends with Isaac, and we enjoy having him stay with us. We know how much his dad loves him (used loves because I believe that doesn't stop through eternity), and cared about his best interest at all times. And Isaac, if you happen to read this, I want you to know that sharing stories is such a blessing. It is a gift your dad had, and you passed one on to me the other day. Now, whenever I hear the rain on the roof of my car, I smile and think about how much Patrick loved to hear that, and I think of you, and how you like the rain. It is a special connection you had with Patrick, and now it makes me smile as I think of you both.
Today is the memorial service, and although it will be difficult because we will all miss him, and we all feel the pain of his family, we will celebrate that he is with Jesus in heaven, with no more pain, no sorrow, and no worries. Please join me in praying for his family today and the days to come.

1 comment:

Patty said...

Beautifully said Linda! Glad Patrick is with Jesus but he will be missed! Praying for Isaac and Ada.

Patty