Sunday, April 11, 2010

So Blessed . . .

Yesterday was our Spaghetti Luncheon, and what a wonderful day! We were blessed by all the donations to this event, but what was really special was to see the mix of people that came out on a Saturday afternoon, to show their support for Kristina and our family, but mostly for adoption. We had a mix of old friends, new friends, friends from our old neighborhood, and people we just met. We had family, including a special family that Jon considered his "second home" growing up. This "mom" brings Jon almost to tears every time he sees her, because she is so special to him. What a blessed day! We send a heartfelt THANK YOU to everyone, and an extra special THANK YOU to all our volunteer workers who put so much into making this go smoothly. Praise the Lord, the event will purchase our airline tickets for one trip! That is sooooooo AWESOME!

We are in recovering mode today. We will go to church, and try to relax while also getting the house in order the best we can to tackle the beginning of this coming week. We know we need to move right on to the big yard sale, since our travel date has been moved up to May instead of June. We lost 5 weeks of fundraising, but get to see our daughter much sooner! I believe the dates for the yard sale will be: April 23-25

We also hate to see it go, but are trying to sell our hot tub to help with expenses. It is in great shape and has been well taken care of. Here are some photo's if you know anyone who might be interested. We are asking $4000 but will pray about offers.


As we spend today grateful for the work we see God doing in our lives each day, and the lives of others, I will leave you today with words from my Stormie Omartian calendar:

Surrendering everything means being willing to say, "Lord, whatever You want me to do I'll do it. I say yes to anything You ask of me, even if it means dying to myself and my desires. I will give up the things of the flesh that I want in order to have more of You in my life." This attitude of surrender means putting God first and submitting to His rulership. And it makes all the difference in our lives.


No comments: