Wednesday, July 7, 2010

MY HEART LOVES HER . . .

Today, we tried to phone Kristina to tell her the date to come and get her. We tried the first number we were given, only to find out she had been moved to a different teachers house. The first teacher that answered said that Kristina was getting sad and depressed because she was beginning to think we weren't coming. They had told her we were coming July 5th for some reason, and the day came and went and we were not there. I wanted to cry. My heart was so heavy. We HAD to reach her today. We continued trying the new phone numbers we were given and finally, she answered the phone. I was so happy to hear her voice, I can't even put it into words. We were able to talk and talk, and laugh, and plan. She sounded just like we were still together in Mala, before we left. I explained that we were told she would go to camp, and when we found out she didn't go, we worked on getting phone numbers so we could call her.
We talked about missing each other, and M&M's, packing clothes and shoes, and how excited we are to be together again. It may sound crazy to some people, but she is already our daughter, and it feels aweful to think she felt we might not come. There is already a bond, a love deep within my heart for her. We have a lot to learn and grow through together, but it was such a blessing to talk for 25 minutes today. Now, we will call again on Tuesday, and then Jon and David fly away on Saturday to see her on Sunday, July 18th. They fly home on July 24th God willing, and Matt, Naomi and I will meet them in Boston. This day cannot come soon enough for me.

Lord we know your timing is perfect, and will trust in that. Please keep me patient and understanding and everything You want me to be during this wait. Please bring peace and comfort to Kristina, who needs You more than she needs us. Wrap Your arms around her and let her know how much she is loved! Amen!

No comments: