Sunday, July 4, 2010

I sense the time is near . . .

You know that we have had just enough given to us for each step of the adoption. We have been trying to raise funds to travel back to get Kristina as soon as all the papers are in the correct hands. I sense the time is near. As the total collection is nearing the goal set, I sense a trip coming soon. God has been so amazing to call different people, and groups into action. We again have been so blessed by many donations of items to take to the orphanage. Lots of socks, underwear, clothing, chalk, glow sticks, balls, etc. They will be so blessed by your caring hearts, but I know that our Lord is extremely blessed by your desire to care.

We were blessed by some financial donations for our trip this week. We appreciate all of them, big and small, but one is really needing to be shared. As I read Stormie Omartians calendar today, it really matched what happened. We got up early today, went to church, then the parade and then back to church for the picnic. I was approached by a dear friend who told me she had something in her car for me. Before we went to get it, she explained that she, her son, and her late husband had been saving change in a bottle for a special family trip they were going to take together. The family has lost this dear man to cancer this year. They have been praying about this money bottle and together, they decided they would like to donate it to our journey, and believed that is what her husband would have wanted as well. I had a lump in my throat as I thanked her, as there were no words that could tell her how I felt inside at that moment. God has been so amazing, but her strength and courage has been remarkable. We love this family so much . . . and I believe it is God's plan to continue to use them in ways we can't even begin to imagine. I don't question this woman's communication with our Lord, and if they believe this is what that fund is to go to, who am I to argue with them. The calendar reminds me of her character, and I hope we can all grow into this kind of Christian as we continue to walk each step of our lives following Jesus.

Gentleness is a humble meekness that is calm, soothing, peaceful, and easy to be around. Being considerate of the feelings and needs of others by exhibiting gentleness shows you are responding to the Spirit of God and what has been planted in you has taken root. Pray that you can be as gentle and meek as Jesus.

I believe this describes my friend, and her son has an excellent mom who models the love of our Lord day and night.

I am missing Kristina right now, but we know God's timing is perfect . . . and next year will be an amazing Independence Day! Please keep praying for papers to appear in our facilitators office so we can travel. We are so excited to bring her home to our family and all of you. Pray that I can continue in our Lord's peace and rest in knowing He has this all planned out . . . there can be NO mistaking that!

No comments: